As we moved house earlier this year and that ended up taking a bunch of my holiday allowance, we didn’t expect to be taking any trips this year. However as it’s been far too long since we visited Canada (March 2016) we decided that a small trip could be squeezed in. It’s also been far too long since we visited the Rockies (Jasper in 2010 and 1988 before that) so we might as well kill two birds with one stone and make it a trip to the Rockies. There is also the matter of ticking off a couple more Fairmont hotels while we’re at it. Let’s not forget that Canada has it’s big Birthday this year and this means that our National Park ticket was free too. It was meant to be.
In October we will be ….
- Flying to Calgary
- Collecting a car
- Driving to Lake Louise and staying at Chateau Lake Louise for 3 nights
- Driving to Jasper and staying at the Jasper Park Lodge for 3 nights
- Driving back down to Banff and staying at the Banff Springs Hotel for 3 nights
- Flying back from Calgary
We could have just had a weekend away in the UK, or gone mad and gone to mainland Europe but this is us. It’s quite a long way to go for 9 nights but we’ve travelled further for less time. We could have stayed in cheaper hotels, but there are no pockets in a shroud.
What we are doing…..
- Driving one of the great road trips in the world
- Seeing incredible scenery
- Staying in lovely locations and in lovely hotels
- Eating and drinking amazing food and drink
- Writing a blog and taking photographs
What we won’t be doing….
- Thinking about work
- Driving to work
It’s going to be epic.