Insomnia doesn’t strike me very often (thankfully) but at least when it does I do something useful….sort of….like write a blog post about something that’s almost 2 years away.
2017 is a big year for one member of this family…. and it’s not me or Elmo. Amanda will hit the big 50 and to celebrate I said we could go anywhere in the world for a big holiday. It’s no surprise that we’re going back to our favourite place and we’re hopeful that we can go for 3 weeks rather than 2. Things are bit up in the air at the moment as ideally we’d love our best friends to come with us. We’ve yet to discuss the practicalities of such a trip, such as the amount of time, the amount of money, whether they could stand being with us for 3 whole weeks anyway, but we’ll sort something out. It’d just be nice to share the places we love with the people we love.
So, in the interest of this not being just me writing, I wish, I wish, here is what I propose…..
- We fly to Vancouver and collect the hire cars
- Catch the ferry to Vancouver Island and stay in Brentwood Bay for 2 nights
- Drive over to the West Coast and stay in the Tofino area for a few nights
- Drive to Port Hardy in the North
- Catch the ferry to Bella Coola
- Go Grizzly watching
- Drive to Williams Lake…..
I know, I know….this sounds a lot like our last trip doesn’t it? Well clever clogs, it’s so not…read on…..
- Drive to Jasper and stay for a couple of nights
- Drive to Lake Louise and stay for a couple of nights
- Drive to Kamloops and stay for a night
- Drive to Whistler and stay for a few nights
- Finally onto to Vancouver for a few nights before flying home
How does that sound? Pretty nifty eh? Now this will probably change (a lot or slightly, who knows?) before the main event. After all it’s quite some distance away yet but things have to be planned so we can save up the money to go.
If (and we hope this is the case) they are coming with us and can only do 2 weeks then we can do a cut down version, but otherwise this is my ideal trip. I’ll do all the arranging and booking, all they have to do is agree and pay me some money along the way as things like flights, ferries and the like get paid in advance.
We’ve had some amazing holidays and this one could be the best of the lot.